2023 Blue Benefit Bucks | OTC Wallet
Blue Medicare Advantage’s Blue Benefit Bucks (BBB), a Benefits Mastercard Prepaid Card, works like a debit card so it’s simple to use. Your BBB card is loaded with your Over-the-Counter Benefit from your plan. You have the power to spend it based on what’s important to you. Benefits vary by plan. Watch the video below to learn more.
Your Over-the-Counter (OTC) benefit allowance is one wallet (OTC wallet) on your BBB card. The OTC benefit is a quarterly or yearly allowance to purchase non-prescription drugs and everyday health-related items such as vitamins, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does My Plan Include It?
Blue KC Essential (PPO), Blue KC Secure (HMO) and Blue KC Spira Care (HMO) offer $100 per quarter. Blue KC Simply Blue (PPO) and Blue KC Valor (PPO) offer $500 per year.
When Are My OCT Dollars Credited To My BBB Card?
Your OTC dollars are credited on the 1st day of each benefit period associated with your plan. For plans with a quarterly OTC benefit, unused OTC dollars roll over to the next quarter, however, all unused OTC benefits will expire on 12/31/23.
How Can I Purchase OTC Items?
You have several options to purchase items:
- Shop in story at Hy-Vee (Coming early 2023), Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and RiteAid stores nationwide.
- Shop online at BlueKC.NationsBenefits.com
- Call NationsBenefits at (877)-208-2596 TTY:711 for personalized service for online orders.
- Order by mail requesting an OTC catalog from NationsBenefits at the number above. Once you receive the catalog, use the order form and follow the ordering instructions.
- Purchase eligible items and submit your receipt for reimbursement using the address on the back of your member ID card.
NOTE: You cannot purchase items directly at Walmart.com, Walgreens.com, CVS.com or RiteAid.com.
How Do I Know What Items Are Eligible?
Medicare defines eligible items for OTC benefits.
For online orders, you can view and purchase eligible items at BlueKCNationsBenefits.com
Retail, In-Store Purchases
To determine eligibility for in-store purchases at Hy-Vee*, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and RiteAid:
Before your trip to a participating store, go to BlueKC.NationsBenefits.com and follow these steps:
- Click Check Product Eligibility
- Enter a product name or type the Product Name field, such as Benadryl or toothpaste.
- Select OTC as the wallet. Leave product category and subcategory blank and click on Search.
While at the store, use the MyBenefits smartphone app to scan the items UPC (using the scanner tool) to determine eligibility.
*Hy-Vee will be added in early 2023
How Do I Get The My Benefits App?
First, you must be registered on the MyBenefits portal at BlueKC.NationsBenefits.com Once registered, go to your app store and search for MyBenefits Portal. Download the app and follow the prompts to set up your username and password. Permit camera access in the app so you can scan the product code (UPC).